Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are We Responsible? For Whom and for What?

RRJ4
Are We Responsible?
For Whom and for What?
Reference:
Groenke, S. L. & Scherff, L. (2010, October).  Are We Responsible? For Whom and for What? English Leader Quarterly 32, 3. National Council of Teachers of English. 

Summary:
            This article discusses the conflict among faculties which considers what humanities departments are, and how they are good for universities. Also, some educators are responsible for how they will prepare their students to be good English teachers. They talked about a code of ethics for issues which English teachers face on a daily basis. The writers agreed that cooperation between those educators will foster many things, such as reflection and help for new teachers to form their identity. This urges them to seek out a search among collaborators. In addition,  the formation for teachers to be able to teach learners correctly.  Moreover, they advised English teachers to be a countable to their students and their peers. They should know how to improve themselves to face any difficulties through their teaching, and they will be able to avoid any hard situation with their students. Finally, new and veteran teachers will be alike.
Reaction:
            I love learning languages very much. One of my dreams was that I would speak three languages in addition to my mother tongue, Arabic. I specialized in English. Reading this article was very interesting for me. There is a relation between this article and my major. Also, I agree with the subject because if this will apply all over the world, the result will be great teachers who will teach with honesty and sincerity. As a result of this, all nations will have learners with high levels of skills. In my country, Saudi Arabia, our curriculums were British English, and our teachers were from Arabs; they could not teach us as native speakers even in simple things. I and my friends faced many problems to avoid many mistakes in our pronunciation because we did not receive good education from Americans or British when they pronounce English. Really I want this thing to happen in my country to avoid big mistakes from employing unfaithful and undedicated teachers. Teaching is a great message and we should teach English language or anything useful for people properly.            

No comments:

Post a Comment